- Job type
- Expiry date
We are looking for a Peer Support Volunteer for our Form Filling service for welfare and disability benefits (one day per week) in Greenwich.
This role will be to:
- assist service users to complete and submit welfare and disability benefit forms on paper versions only
- telephone, book and record appointments for each service user who is requesting the service
- work one-to-one working with service users supporting them to ensure they understand the benefits processes and procedures.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- have lived experience of mental health
- are or have been mental health service users
- have good knowledge and understanding of the welfare and disability benefits process
- be willing to commit to the role for six months and/or more.
We welcome volunteers from all diverse backgrounds.
In-house and external training opportunities will be provided, as well as travel expenses and one-to-one support with a Peer Support and Volunteer Coordinator.
How to Apply
To apply for this role and to request an application form and role description please contact Dominic Dowling, Peer Support and Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel: 020 8853 2395).
We do reserve the right to close any of the vacancies advertised if they are a large number of applications received.