- Job type
- Expiry date
- £0 (reasonable expenses paid)
Your skills, knowledge and experience of providing Welfare Benefits advice would help us to provide support to a greater number of people in the London Borough of Bromley.
You will be working with the Welfare Benefits Caseworker to support people with mental health problems to challenge their ESA and PIP decisions. This will include:
- writing mandatory reconsideration and appeal letters,
- representing clients at ESA and PIP appeal tribunals,
- writing to medical professionals to obtain further supporting evidence for the appeal.
Your Skills and Experience
For this volunteer role, we ask that you:
- have knowledge of Social Security Benefits and the qualifying criteria for ESA and PIP
- experience of appealing against ESA and PIP decisions
- ability to work with people who have mental health problems, with sensitivity and respect
- willingness to attend training to develop you in your volunteer role.
We particularly welcome applicants with experience of using the Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich Mind’s support services.
Support You Will be Given
- induction training to prepare you to volunteer and access to additional training
- regular support from the Welfare Benefits Caseworker.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to working a minimum of the equivalent of one full day each week. This may be volunteered across more than one day if that suits the volunteer and the needs of the service.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Reasonable expenses will be paid.
Closing Date for Applications
17th May 2018