- Job type
- Expiry date
- Voluntary (expenses paid)
- Approximately 2-4 hours per week
- Meetings take place in London Borough of Bromley
We are seeking to add to the expertise of our Board of Trustees, and in particular we would like to recruit Trustees who have lived experience of mental health problems or have cared for people with mental health problems, together with professional skills that may assist the development of the charity (e.g. administration, finance, fundraising or operating a small business).
This is a new and exciting opportunity to be part of a team of trustees in the development of a new small charity, the working title is ‘BOB Chat’. The charity aims to provide a safe and comfortable meeting space, and prevent loneliness and isolation for people with mental health problems in the London Borough of Bromley.
The service is currently supported by Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind, although the service has been increasing its independence over recent months in preparation of becoming a small, independent charity. Bromley & Lewisham Mind is supporting this approach by providing a Development Co-ordinator and other resources during the development phase.
The service is currently delivered from three separate sites in Beckenham, Bromley and Orpington. Part of this role will be to lead the charity through the development to become a sustainable business whilst maintaining the ethos of the service and responding to the needs and desires of the current service users.
We ask that you:
- Are aged 18yrs+
- Have experience and or knowledge of mental health problems.
- Enjoy working within a team.
- Are reliable, consistent and dependable.
- Can commit to the organisation and its purpose, vision, values and aims.
- Are willing to devote the necessary time and effort, including preparing for and attending a minimum of 8 meetings per year.
- Good, independent judgement.
- A willingness to speak their mind and contribute to discussion in a positive manner.
- Willingness to share skills, expertise and experience relevant to the role.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Leona Patterson on Tel 07702 840 476 or via email@example.com
How to Apply Please download and complete the Volunteer Application form (above right) and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am on 26 February 2018
Interviews: Likely to be 5 March 2018