- Job type
- Expiry date
- £0 (reasonable expenses paid)
We are looking for a Peer Support Volunteer for a Form Filling Service for welfare and disability benefits (one day per week) in Greenwich.
Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind provides Peer Support (group activities, sessions and therapeutic groups) run by Peer Support Volunteers for individuals in the Royal Borough of Greenwich with either a mental health diagnosis or who are impacted by mental health problems.
The role will be to:
- telephone, book and record appointments for each service user who is requesting the service
- work with service users on a one-to-one basis supporting them to ensure they understand the benefits processes and procedures
- assist service users to complete and submit welfare and disability benefit forms on paper versions only.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- have lived experience of mental health
- are or have been mental health service users
- have good knowledge and understanding of the welfare and disability benefits process
- be willing to commit to the role for six months and/or more.
We welcome volunteers from all diverse backgrounds.
Support providing in-house and external training opportunities will be provided, as well as travel expenses and one-to-one support with a Peer Support and Volunteer Coordinator.
How to Apply
We do reserve the right to close any of the vacancies advertised if they are a large number of applications received.
Closing Date for Applications
Monday 27th August 2018