- Job type
- Expiry date
Make a difference to the lives of people with mental health problems by delivering practical, social and listening support. Could you give 4 hours per week to help provide a welcoming and safe space for people with mental health problems to socialise and prevent their isolation?
They may be suffering from anxiety or depression, or be struggling after suffering a traumatic experience, or might have been recently discharged from hospital, or relocated into a new area. We offer tea, coffee and snacks and encourage discussion, games and signpost to other special interest groups.
Ongoing support, training, supervision and recognition will be provided for Peer Support Volunteers to help them get what they want from the experience.
This could be as a path to paid employment with references, or as an end in itself, for example to build self-esteem, help an individual to improve your own mental wellbeing or just to do something meaningful by supporting others.
We ask that you:
- Are Aged 18yrs+
- Have personal experience of managing your own mental health difficulties
- Have a friendly manner and good interpersonal skills
- Be good a listening
- Enjoys working within a team
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries both for your personal security and for the security of potentially vulnerable service users.
- A commitment to attend training sessions
- Are reliable, consistent and dependable.
How to Apply
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application form below and return by email to email@example.com.
Wednesday 17 January 2018
To Be Confirmed