- Job type
- Expiry date
- £0 (reasonable expenses paid)
As you a Walking Group Volunteer you will co-facilitate a walk for new mums (up to 1 year) and pregnant women in Crystal Palace in the Bromley borough, as part of our successful Mindful Mums project.
- Successfully complete a training course for Mindful Mums Volunteers.
- To co-facilitate a weekly walking group in Crystal Palace on Tuesdays at 10am.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed by mums attending the walking group.
- Help promote the walking group via social media channels and other means.
- Liaise with the Project Co-ordinator regarding sessions that need facilitating.
- Contribute to the development of the project based on your experience as a parent.
- Report any concerns arising from the sessions to the Project Worker.
- Participate in touchbase meetings with the Mindful Mums team, group volunteer meetings and training on Safeguarding Children and Adults.
- At all times work in accordance with the organisation’s policies regarding Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding Children, Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Confidentiality & Data Protection.
To undertake the role of Mindful Mums Facilitator (Walking Group), you must be able to show that you have the following:
- Experience of having felt stressed, low, anxious or have struggled with your mental or emotional wellbeing in other ways during the perinatal period (pregnancy to 1 year).
- Ability to communicate well with other mums.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Understanding of the pressures and stresses facing pregnant and new mums.
- Willingness to talk from your own experience in an appropriate way.
- Ability to maintain appropriate and professional boundaries.
- A commitment to attend training, support groups and to lead a regular walking route in Crystal Palace.
- Up to 3 days training.
- Commitment to run a weekly walking group
- Attendance at Volunteer Touchbase meetings (usually once per 6 weeks) and attend occasional group sessions
Benefits of Getting Involved
- Being part of a team of local mums, who have all experienced perinatal mental health issues and who want to help pregnant and new mums build skills to manage their mental health in a positive way.
- Delivering an exciting and innovative project that will really make a difference to pregnant and new mums.
Successful applicants will be required to provide details of two references and agree to submit details for and undertake a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check.
How to Apply
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application form below and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for Applications
Applications will be accepted and volunteers recruiting on a rolling basis until 31st March 2019.