- Job type
- Expiry date
- £0 (reasonable expenses paid)
- Location: 54-56 Ormiston Road, Greenwich, SE10 0LN (Map)
- Hours: Minimum of 1 x 3 hour slot each week over an 18 month period
- Responsible to: Mindline and Crisis Intervention Co-ordinator
Provide telephone support to adults experiencing mental health difficulties in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
We are looking for a volunteer to work on our Greenwich Mindline telephone support service, as part of a team of dedicated volunteer counsellors.
Greenwich Mindline is a highly valued service and has been supporting adults experiencing emotional and mental health difficulties and crisis for approximately 35 years.
Telephone support is available via Mindline from Monday to Friday and for 2 evenings during the week.
Greenwich Mindline currently operates:
- Monday to Friday, 10:30am – 4.30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 6pm – 8pm.
If you have experience of telephone counselling or are in training to work as a counsellor, you could make a valuable contribution to this vital support whilst developing your own skills and experience.
- Listening with empathy to callers in mental or emotional distress who call the helpline.
- Responding in a non-judgemental, non-directive and supportive way.
- Working according to Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind confidentiality policy.
- Offering information, if requested, in a manner that enables users of the service to make their own informed choices.
- Recording calls in accordance with the procedures established by the service.
- Participating in the monitoring of the Mindline services.
- Attending a 1½ hour group supervision fortnightly.
- Providing peer support for fellow workers on the crisis helpline as required.
- Working with the Mindline and Crisis Intervention Co-ordinator to provide a high quality service.
How to Apply
We do reserve the right to close any of the vacancies advertised if they are a large number of applications received.
Successful applicants will be required to provide details of two references and submit details for a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check.
Closing Date for Applications
Monday 3rd September 2018