- Job type
- Expiry date
- £0 (reasonable expenses paid)
Make a difference to local mums by delivering practical, social and listening support for pregnant and new mums across Bromley borough.
We are seeking volunteers with personal experience of managing their own mental health difficulties during pregnancy, birth or post-birth periods (this is often called the perinatal period).
We ask that you:
- have good communication skills
- understand the pressures and stresses facing women during pregnancy, birth and as new mums
- are willing to talk from your own experience in an appropriate way
- are reliable, consistent and dependable.
We will provide training and support which will equip you with all of the knowledge, skills and confidence you will need.
To get involved in this exciting opportunity to develop your own skills as well as supporting local mums to look after their mental health, we are asking you to:
- attend our centres for up to 5 days training (once a week, usually half days) during January/February 2019.
- commit to at least 12 weeks befriending support (delivered at mutually agreed times, likely to be around 2 hours per week).
You will be carefully matched with a local mum to fit around your existing commitments.
Befriending will start from February 2019.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service check.
How to Apply
Friday 11 January 2019