- Job type
- Expiry date
- Voluntary (expenses paid)
- London Borough of Bromley
- 2-4 hours per month
Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind is a highly regarded, innovative local Charity working alongside people with mental health problems and dementia to improve their quality of life. With an annual turnover of more than £3m, over 120 staff and 150 volunteers, we are one of the largest charities in the Mind network.
Bromley Well helps people living in Bromley borough to improve and maintain their health and wellbeing. We are seeking volunteers to co-facilitate monthly peer support sessions and workshops to help carers share their experiences in a supportive and confidential group setting.
Volunteers should have experience of managing small groups and knowledge of different mental health conditions. We are particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has experience of being a carer for a loved one and feels they could support others going through a similar experience.
Benefits of volunteering
- Make a difference to the lives of carers living in Bromley and supporting people with mental health problems.
- Develop new skills that are transferable to future work opportunities.
- Be part of a team of volunteers working on a range of activities across the Mental Health Carers Pathway in Bromley Well.
- You will receive guidance and training if necessary to help you in the role, and will have access to other volunteer opportunities and roles within BLG Mind.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service check
How to apply
Complete the BLG Mind Volunteer Application form and return by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
9:00am on Monday 30th September 2019