- Expiry date
- £8.90 per hour
Help people with dementia to live well in their homes and communities, in a rewarding job with a local charity, supporting local people.
MindCare Dementia Support is looking for Dementia Support Workers to support people living with dementia across Bromley borough, with a particular need in Orpington and surrounding areas.
You will be required to work in people’s homes for sessions of 3-4 hours at a time.
This may involve:
- engaging clients in activities to help them maintain everyday skills
- support with daily living activities
- escort to local social/community events and activities.
You will be spending quality time, building trusting relationships, providing one-to-one support to people with dementia and, in many cases, giving family carers a much needed break.
We provide a respite service 7 days a week from 8am – 11pm. We also provide an overnight service from 8pm – 8am.
What We Need From You
The qualities we are looking for include:
- good communication skills
- an ability to use initiative.
You will have an interest, and perhaps some personal or work experience, in supporting older people.
A full driving licence, use of a car and knowledge of the local areas are desirable.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- attend a 3-day induction.
We Can Offer You
- Regular work depending on your availability
- Mileage costs and holiday pay
- A full induction and ongoing training and regular supervision
- High level of job satisfaction, working as part of a committed team.
Watch What Some of Our Staff Have to Say
Deadline for Applications
5pm on Friday 16th November 2018