- Expiry date
- £8.75 - £8.90 per hour
Help people with dementia to live well in their homes and communities, in a rewarding job with a local charity, supporting local people.
MindCare Dementia Support is looking for Dementia Support Workers to support people living with dementia across Bromley borough, with a particular need in Orpington and surrounding areas.
You will be required to work in people’s homes for sessions of 3-4 hours at a time.
This may involve:
- engaging clients in activities to help them maintain everyday skills
- support with daily living activities
- escort to local social/community events and activities.
You will be spending quality time, building trusting relationships, providing one-to-one support to people with dementia and, in many cases, giving family carers a much needed break.
We provide a respite service 7 days a week from 8am – 11pm. We also provide an overnight service from 8pm – 8am. You may also be asked to provide cover for staff absences in our Dementia Support Centres, which is paid at £8.75 per hour.
What We Need From You
The qualities we are looking for include:
- good communication skills
- an ability to use initiative.
You will have an interest, and perhaps some personal or work experience, in supporting older people.
A full driving licence, use of a car and knowledge of the local areas are desirable.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- attend a 3-day induction from Tuesday 30th October to Thursday 1st November 2018.
We Can Offer You
- Regular work depending on your availability
- Mileage costs and holiday pay
- A full induction and ongoing training and regular supervision
- High level of job satisfaction, working as part of a committed team.
Watch What Some of Our Staff Have to Say
Come and Meet Us
Drop into our informal Recruitment Fairs during the following times, to meet the team and ask any questions you may have about the role.
Wednesday 12th September 2018
9.30am – 12.30pm
Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind, 5 Station Road, Orpington, BR6 0RZ (Map)
Thursday 13th September 2018
10.30am – 1.30pm
MindCare Dementia Support, 20b Hayne Road, Beckenham, BR3 4HY (Map)
Deadline for Applications
9am on Monday 24th September 2018
Likely Interview Dates
Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th October 2018