- Expiry date
- £9.80 per hour
- Sessional Dementia Support Workers
- £9.80 per hour
- Location: Orpington and surrounding areas (London Borough of Bromley)
Help people with dementia to live well in their homes and communities, in a rewarding job with a local charity, supporting local people. MindCare Dementia Support is looking for Dementia Support Workers to support people living with dementia across Bromley borough, with a particular need in Orpington and surrounding areas.
You will be required to work in people’s homes for sessions of 3-4 hours at a time. This may involve:
- engaging clients in activities to help them maintain everyday skills
- support with daily living activities
You will be spending quality time, building trusting relationships, providing one-to-one support to people with dementia and, in many cases, giving family carers a much needed break.
We provide a respite service 7 days a week from 8:00 am – 11:00 pm.
What We Need From You
The qualities we are looking for include:
- good communication skills
- ability to use initiative.
You will have an interest, and perhaps some personal or work experience, in supporting older people. A full driving licence, use of a car and knowledge of the local areas are desirable.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- attend a 3-day induction
We Can Offer You
- Regular work depending on your availability
- Mileage costs and holiday pay
- A full induction and ongoing training and regular supervision
- High level of job satisfaction, working as part of a committed team.
Deadline for applications:
9:00 am on Monday 9th March 2020
Likely interview dates:
Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd April 2020
How to Apply
Please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification carefully, then complete the application form and email it to email@example.com