- Job type
- Expiry date
- £0 - reasonable expenses paid
Volunteer with us and help change lives in your local community
We are looking for a number of local fundraising volunteers who can get involved in our fundraising activities and events, as well as helping us to promote our charity’s work.
There are a variety of roles, so you can do as much or as little as suits you.
Whether you would like to help out once a year with a bucket collection or get involved in organising a fundraising event, we would love to hear from you.
Volunteer Opportunities available.
Join Our Fundraising Group
Our small team of dedicated volunteers run a number of regular local fundraising events throughout the year, such as our charity quiz and Christmas church concert. You would be involved in organising or attending these events, as well as generating new fundraising ideas. You would also, where possible, meet every 3 months to plan and organise these events.
Even if you can only help at the occasional event, do get in touch.
Bucket Collections and Other Fundraising Events
We run bucket collections throughout the year at venues such as supermarkets, local football grounds and shopping centres. With your help we can do more!
We also have a variety of fundraising activities we need support with including:
- preparing/running stalls and events
- cheering on marathon runners
- helping at quiz nights
We are looking for experienced fundraising copywriters and designers throughout the year to help us develop fundraising materials and supporter appeals.
Whether you can help on an ad hoc project such as a social media ad for an event or help us produce our first Christmas appeal, please get in touch, we need your skills!
Reasons to Become a Fundraising Volunteer
- Gain experience and insight into the world of charity fundraising
- An opportunity to give back to your local community
- A chance to engage with and meet new people, and have fun!
- Do something meaningful whilst raising funds to improve the lives of local people living with mental health problems and dementia
What We Need from our Fundraising Volunteers
- Be prepared to come in for an informal chat about volunteering and happy for us to check references
- A passion for fundraising
- Have an interest in Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind and the work that we do
- Enthusiasm to represent both us and our values locally
- Be personable, work well within a team and have great social skills in order to promote activities!
- Depending on the role, you may need to be comfortable using email and the internet
We are particularly keen to hear from anyone with experience or an interest in organising collections and fundraising events. You’d be a valuable resource for our friendly team.
What You Can Expect from us
- Induction and Training
- Reimbursement of agreed out-of-pocket expenses.
- Support from Fundraising Manager or Fundraising Group (depending on the role)
We can only offer roles to over 18s.
How to Apply
We recruit fundraising volunteers throughout the year and are always happy to receive applications at any time.
Please fill in the volunteer application form and send it to the email below.
Depending on how you want to get involved, you will then be asked to meet for an informal chat and we may also ask for two references.
For more information contact and to submit an application:
Phone: 020 3328 0364 / 07764 967925