- Job type
- Expiry date
- £0 - reasonable expenses paid
- Voluntary role
- Based in London Borough of Bromley
- Training and support provided
- Reasonable expenses paid
Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind is a highly regarded, innovative local Charity working alongside people with mental health problems and dementia to improve their quality of life. With an annual turnover of more than £4m, over 120 staff and 200 volunteers, we are one of the largest charities in the Mind network.
Bromley Well are delivering this 3-year project in partnership with Transport for London (TfL). Amble to Ramble is designed to encourage local people living with long term health conditions, and associated mental health problems, to get outdoors and enjoy the benefits of walking to their health, wellbeing and lifestyle.
We are seeking volunteers to help run the project by leading walks, facilitating a support group, providing emotional support to participants and walking group leaders, and other associated activities.
Skills and experience:
- A warm, friendly and approachable manner/disposition.
- An ability to empathise with the situations that other people might be living with, relating to their physical or mental health.
- Experience or training in how to talk to or support people experiencing common mental health problems such as worry, panic, stress, or low mood e.g. listening or basic counselling skills, or an ability to develop and use good verbal communication skills to befriend and support other people (desirable but not essential as training will be provided).
- An interest in physical wellbeing, and if possible an associated interest in walking, physical activity/fitness or the outdoors.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Where possible, lived experience of mental health difficulties, disabilities, learning difficulties, a longer term health problem, or experience of being a carer, is desirable in order to relate to the client group for this project.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service check
How to Apply
Download and complete a Volunteer Application Form, and send it to email@example.com. For further information please contact Bromley Well on 020 8315 1905 or visit www.bromleywell.org.uk.
Registered Charity: 1082972