On World Mental Health Day on Thursday 10th October 2019, Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich (BLG) Mind ran an event attracting over 100 people in Beckenham Public Hall.
As well as raising awareness about mental health, this year’s event also talked about preventing suicide. Visitors to the event experienced talks, workshops, entertainment, listening space, human library and remembrance wall, dedicated to people sadly lost to suicide.
Speakers and activities included:
- Maytree Suicide Sanctuary
- Meditation with Heartfulness UK
- Creativity workshops from BLG Mind’s Recovery College
- Bromley & Croydon Women’s Aid
- Spoken word performance
- Enhance UK
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
- Men’s Health UK
- Bromley Community Counselling Service (BCCS)
- Harmony Singing
- Age UK Bromley & Greenwich
- Bromley Arts Music Band.
A person using local mental health services left this message, “Thank you for hosting this event and helping us to see what a great community we have.”
Carolyn Couchman, Director at BCCS who delivered a talk and held a stall at the event, commented, “Congratulations on such a brilliantly organised and well attended event.”