As part of the Get Set to Go programme, we are offering a free, short course for sport and physical activity providers, coaches, sports administrators, front of house staff and volunteers in the London boroughs of Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich.
This free course will be run twice for up to 20 delegates each time, to increase their knowledge and understanding of mental health, and apply practically within a sport and physical activity setting.
Attending the free mental health awareness training delegates will:
- Understand common perceptions and misconceptions about mental health, including the positive impact of sport and physical activity on physical and mental health.
- Appreciate the barriers that people living with mental health problems can experience when taking up a sport or physical activity.
- Be aware of how stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health impacts on people living with mental health problems.
- Identify practical actions that you can take to create a positive sporting environment that is more inclusive and accessible to people with mental health problems.
- Feel more confident to talk about mental health and know where to signpost people to if they need support.
- Develop an action plan to embed practices into your organisation.
Thursday 28th November 2019
10am – 1pm
BLG Mind, 5 Station Road, Orpington, BR6 0RZ (Map)
A second course will be run in 2020. Register your interest via email to be kept informed.
Book Your Free Place
To book your place, please contact us using the form below:
020 3328 0364 / 07935 073627