Over £8,000 was donated to Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind over the last few months. A big thank you to everyone who raised and donated money to us. From gifts in memoriam to running marathons, we appreciate all the efforts to support the mental health and dementia services we provide for local people.
Some highlights include:
- Royal Blackheath Golf Club donated £500 to BLG Mind, choosing our charity as one of 32 local charities, to benefit from money raised from the club’s Charity Golfing Event.
- The Rotary Club of Bromley raised £345 for Bromley MindCare Dementia Support at its Christmas 2018 event, presenting the cheque at an event at Langley Golf Club in late February 2019.
- The Charlton regional distribution centre of Wincanton raised and donated £750 through a raffle.
- The BLG Mind Quiz Night held in May raised £431 for the charity on Friday 10th May in Beckenham.
- Students at St Olave’s Grammar School in Orpington created a Wellbeing Journal and raised over £200 for BLG Mind.
- St Mary’s Church in Shortlands, Bromley donated £110.
- Four people who had Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 ballot places, chose to fundraise for BLG Mind this year. They have raised over a total of £2000, and donations are still coming in – an amazing achievement by them all. As a local charity, we are truly grateful for their wonderful fundraising efforts.
- As part of a partnership between English Football League (EFL) and Mind, a fundraising collection at local football club Charlton Athletic raised £517.63. Despite the wind and rain, our five fantastic volunteers helped raise the money from generous football fans attending the Charlton v Rochdale match on Saturday 4th May 2019. Thanks to our volunteers Mark Vosper, Dan Wright, Patti and Tim Brazier and Angela Playford – we couldn’t have done it without you.
- Shoppers in the Tesco Orpington and The Glades during Mental Health Awareness Week (13th – 19th May 2019) and Dementia Action Week (20th – 26th May 2019) respectively, donated £304 to our local mental health and dementia services.