The Bromley Recovery College held its first ever graduation event on 16th March 2018, awarding certificates to more than 40 students and facilitators, showcasing some of the courses the college has to offer.
The Bromley Recovery College is for adults in Bromley borough recovering from mental health problems and provides courses covering:
- understanding mental health recovery
- understanding mental health conditions
- personal health, wellbeing and how to stay well
- exploring creativity and self-expression
- developing skills and experience through volunteering and returning to employment.
Bromley Recovery College courses are designed and delivered by people with lived experience of mental health challenges, working in partnership with clinicians, mental health practitioners and other professionals.
Bromley Recovery College courses are open to adults in Bromley with lived experience of mental health challenges and their carers. Staff working in Bromley mental health services can also attend relevant courses such as mental health awareness and mental health first aid.