On Monday 26th March 2018, mental health service contracts held by Greenwich Mind, staff and volunteers transferred to Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind, ensuring a seamless transition for the Greenwich mental health services and people who use them.
Greenwich Mind and Bromley & Lewisham Mind have been working towards a merger, with the support of the Royal Borough of Greenwich, since September 2017.
The services provided by Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind in Greenwich are:
- Mindline confidential counselling and support line operates from 10.30am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday and from 6pm to 9pm, on Tuesday and Thursday
- Counselling, including crisis counselling, long-term counselling and the Asian, African and African-Caribbean counselling services
- Advocacy for people requiring Independent Mental Health Act (IMHA) or Care Act Advocacy support
- Social Activities and Peer Support providing drop-in sessions and a range of groups
Chief Executive of Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind, Ben Taylor, said: “We are really pleased to have completed this merger, which has secured a future for some highly valued support services for with people with mental health problems in Greenwich. We look forward to working with people who use the services, our funders in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, Greenwich Clinical Commissioning Group and with other local organisations to deliver and develop the mental health support available into the future.”
Immediate plans for Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind include:
- recruiting two new Trustees based in Greenwich to join the Board
- a new website
- working with the Royal Borough of Greenwich to undertake fire safety improvements at the Ormiston Road premises, which will involve the staff and services being relocated for two weeks. We are also exploring longer term options regarding the location of the services in Greenwich.
Find out more about the Greenwich mental health services or call the Greenwich team on 020 8853 2395.
Existing mental health and dementia services previously run under Bromley & Lewisham Mind continue to operate as usual under Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind.