“I really enjoyed this course. The material and course leaders were brilliant. Courses like this are so important for mums. It is good to know you are not alone and that there is support in the community.”
We have supported 161 mums in our first year.
Lewisham Mindful Mums helps pregnant women and new mums in the London Borough of Lewisham to look after themselves during what can be a challenging period of their lives.
Lewisham Mindful Mums groups are free for women to learn how to stay emotionally well, develop confidence and social connections during pregnancy and in the first year of birth.
Groups take place at Children and Family Centres across the borough.
Crèche facilities are available on a first come, first serve basis for babies and children from 3 months to 5 years old. Crèche places need to be booked before the group date. Young babies can be brought into sessions with support from a Support Worker available.
Groups are led by trained volunteers with their own personal experience of looking after themselves during pregnancy and the first year of birth.
“It’s by far the best course I have been on in my three years of parenting.”
- Self-expectation versus reality.
- Explore the myth of a ‘Perfect Mum’ and changes in identity since becoming a parent.
- Self-image and media pressures.
- Discuss ways of improving confidence.
- Changing dynamics with partners, friends and family.
- Identifying ways in which you can maintain and improve relationships.
- Building your support network and breaking the routine.
- Ways of improving your daily lives with the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
- Managing Stress, Tiredness and Worry.
- Learn a mindfulness technique.
What Mums have said about the Groups
“I have never been around people so open and honest about their mental health issues.”
“It has been fantastic – the facilitators have been inspiring and caring.”
“It’s the first time I’ve felt real in a long time.”
Upcoming Lewisham Mindful Mum Session Dates
Clyde Children’s Centre, Alverton St, Deptford, SE8 5NH (Map)
Tuesdays 12.30pm – 2.15pm
10th, 17th, 24th September, 1st & 8th October 2019
Ladywell Children’s Centre, 30 Rushey Mead, Ladywell, SE4 1JJ (Map)
Fridays 10.15am – 12pm
13th, 20th, 27th September, 4th & 11th October 2019
18/7/19 – Full. Waiting list in operation.
Book to Secure Your Place in a Group
Places in groups are limited, must be booked in advance and allocated on a first come, first served basis.
To make sure all mums, babies and children are provided for at the groups, please register for a place using the form below.