“I really enjoyed this course. The material and course leaders were brilliant. Courses like this are so important for mums. It is good to know you are not alone and that there is support in the community.”
Mindful Mums has supported hundreds of pregnant women and new mothers in Bromley and Lewisham boroughs since 2017. In 2019, Mindful Mums is coming to Greenwich borough.
Greenwich Mindful Mums offers free groups for women to learn more about looking after themselves, staying emotionally well, developing confidence and social connections during pregnancy and in the first year after birth.
Groups take place at Children and Family Centres across Greenwich borough.
Babies are welcome. Mums can bring newborns and babies under 1 year old to the groups with them.
Groups are led by trained volunteers with their own personal experience of looking after themselves during pregnancy and the first year after birth.
“It’s by far the best course I have been on in my three years of parenting.”
- Self-expectation versus reality.
- Explore the myth of a ‘Perfect Mum’ and changes in identity since becoming a parent.
- Self-image and media pressures.
- Discuss ways of improving confidence.
- Changing dynamics with partners, friends and family.
- Identifying ways in which you can maintain and improve relationships.
- Building your support network and breaking the routine.
- Ways of improving your daily lives with the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
- Managing Stress, Tiredness and Worry.
- Learn a mindfulness technique.
“Excellent course, I have enjoyed every minute of it. The ladies running the course have been amazing. Thank you!”
Upcoming Greenwich Mindful Mum Dates
Storkway Children’s Centre, Ridgebrook Road, Kidbrooke, SE3 9QX (Map)
Mondays, 12.45pm – 2.30pm
2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th March 2020
Discovery Children’s Centre, Battery Road, Thamesmead, SE28 0JN (Map)
Thursdays, 10am – 11.45am
5th, 12th, 19th, 26th March, 2nd April 2020
Book to Secure Your Place in a Group
Places in groups are limited, must be booked in advance and allocated on a first come, first served basis.
To make sure all mums and babies are provided for at the groups, please register for a place using the form below.
Camilla – 07850 639819