Being Dad groups are for expectant/new dads or men with parenting responsibility for babies and young children up to two years old.
The free five-week being groups help men learn more about looking after themselves, managing the changes and challenges, supporting partners and offers a chance to meet other dads.
Having a baby can be challenging for fathers and male figures too: Dave Edwards says his son was born screaming and didn’t stop for 12 months.
Who are Being Dad Groups for?
Greenwich Being Dad Groups are free for men who live in Greenwich borough and:
- are expectant dads
- are new dads with a child under two years old or
- are male caregivers such as a grandparent of young children up to the age of two.
Stay-at-home, working, adopted, foster, step fathers are welcome to the free Being Dad groups to look after their own health and wellbeing during a life-changing period of their lives.
- Expectation versus reality of parenthood.
- Explore the myth of a ‘Perfect Father or Parent’
- Changes in identity since becoming a parent.
- Building confidence as a new parent or partner.
- Supporting your partner in your new parental role.
- Changing dynamics with partners, friends and family.
- Identifying ways in which you can maintain and improve relationships.
- Building your support network and breaking the routine.
- Ways of improving your daily lives with the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
- Managing Stress, Tiredness and Worry.
- Learn a mindfulness technique.
Groups are led by men with their own personal experience of looking after themselves as dads or male caregivers to babies and young children.
Upcoming Greenwich Being Dad Group Dates
Food, snacks and hot drinks will be provided at all of the venues and groups.
Tuesday Evening Groups (dads only)
Duration: 5 weeks
Time: 6.45pm – 8.30pm
Venue: The Forum, Trafalgar Road, Greenwich SE10 9EQ (Map)
Dates: Tuesdays, 21st and 28th January, 4th, 11th and 18th February 2020.
Saturday Morning Groups (dads, babies and young children)
Duration: 5 weeks
Time: 9.45am – 11.30am
Venue: Under One Roof, The I O Centre, 9, Skeffington St, London, SE18 6SR (Map)
Dates: Saturdays, 18th and 25th January, 1st, 8th and 15th February 2020.
Book to Secure Your Place in a Group
Places in groups are limited, must be booked in advance and allocated on a first come, first served basis.