What We Do
Bromley Peer Support is a service for adults with experience of mental health problems living in the borough of Bromley who want to:
- run activity based groups to help others in a similar situation (peers) or
- attend activity based groups to support their own mental wellbeing.
Peer Support is widely recognised as an effective method of support for anyone experiencing mental distress.
Peer Support provides community-led solutions tailored to individual needs of adults with experiencing mental illness. Volunteers who run mental health Peer Support activity groups have personal experience of mental illness, support and recovery.
Adults with experience of mental illness who want to contribute to their community and help others can join our group of Peer Support Volunteers (PSVs). PSVs will receive full training and support to run activity groups in accessible community venues.
Support for Yourself
Adults wishing to attend a group can join one of our regular groups to learn a new skill, develop social contacts or to maintain their own mental wellbeing.
Peer Support Bromley Mental Health Groups – latest version
How You Will Benefit
Volunteering in Peer Support roles has led many PSVs to paid employment.
Whether you want to be a PSV or attend to a support group, Peer Support in Bromley has something to offer:
- rewarding and meaningful activity where everyone benefits, contributing to the community and wellbeing of others
- develop new and rediscover old skills, passions and confidence
- develop creative and leisure interests
- make new friends
- manage and improve your own mental wellbeing
- develop skills in organising, facilitating and supporting community-based groups
- discover new opportunities to lead a fulfilling life
- gain experience and skills to help you towards employment.
The groups are friendly and welcoming with an atmosphere where everyone contributes and gains.
If you want more information about becoming a PSV or attending groups in Bromley please contact David Holmes on 07841 206710 or email using the form below: