Being Dad groups are free 5-week wellbeing groups to help men learn more about looking after themselves, managing the changes and challenges, supporting partners and offers a chance to meet other dads.
Having a baby can be challenging for fathers and male figures too: Dave Edwards says his son was born screaming and didn’t stop for 12 months.
Who are Being Dad Groups for?
Bromley Being Dad Groups are free for men who live in Bromley borough and:
- are expectant dads
- are new dads with a child under two years old
- or are male caregivers such as a grandparent of children up to the age of two.
Stay-at-home, working, adopted, foster, step fathers are welcome to the free Being Dad groups to look after their own health and wellbeing during a life-changing period of their lives.
- Expectation versus reality of parenthood.
- Explore the myth of a ‘Perfect Father or Parent’
- Changes in identity since becoming a parent.
- Building confidence as a new parent or partner.
- Supporting your partner in your new parental role.
- Changing dynamics with partners, friends and family.
- Identifying ways in which you can maintain and improve relationships.
- Building your support network and breaking the routine.
- Ways of improving your daily lives with the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
- Managing Stress, Tiredness and Worry.
- Learn a mindfulness technique.
Groups are led by trained male volunteers with their own personal experience of looking after themselves as dads or male caregivers to babies and young children.
Upcoming Bromley Being Dad Group Dates
Tuesday Evening Group
Unfortunately, this Tuesday evening group cannot cater for babies and young children.
Sandwiches and hot drinks available.
Duration: 5 weeks
Time: 6.45pm – 8.30pm
Venue: The Pavilion Leisure Centre in The Glades, Kentish Way, Bromley BR1 3EF (Map)
Dates: 19th, 26th November, 3rd, 10th & 17th December 2019
Saturday Morning Group
Unfortunately, this Saturday morning group cannot cater for babies and young children.
Duration: 5 weeks
Time: 9.45am – 11.30am
Venue: Bromley Central Library, High St, Bromley, BR1 1EX (Map)
Dates: 19th, 26th October, 2nd, 9th & 16th November 2019
Book to Secure Your Place in a Group
Places in groups are limited, must be booked in advance and allocated on a first come, first served basis.