Being Dad Bexley
Being Dad groups are for expectant/new dads or men with parenting responsibility for babies and young children up to two years old.
The free five-week groups help men learn more about looking after themselves, managing the changes and challenges, supporting partners and offers a chance to meet other dads.
“I would like to thank you for the opportunity to part take in the Being Dad group.
I found the whole thing brilliant!
Nev and his team had fresh and raw, hard hitting informative sessions. Very open to talk about any subjects relating to a vast spectrum in being a dad…
The simplicity and realistic nature of how the group was formatted really worked for me, and I know that others got a lot out from it.”
A dad completing Being Dad groups
Who are Being Dad Groups for?
Bexley Being Dad Groups are free for men who live in Bexley borough and:
- are expectant dads
- are new dads with a child under two years old or
- are male caregivers such as a grandparent of young children up to the age of two.
Stay-at-home, working, adopted, foster, step fathers are welcome to the free Being Dad groups to look after their own health and wellbeing during a life-changing period of their lives.
- Expectation versus reality of parenthood.
- Explore the myth of a ‘Perfect Father or Parent’
- Changes in identity since becoming a parent.
- Building confidence as a new parent or partner.
- Supporting your partner in your new parental role.
- Changing dynamics with partners, friends and family.
- Identifying ways in which you can maintain and improve relationships.
- Building your support network and breaking the routine.
- Ways of improving your daily lives with the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
- Managing Stress, Tiredness and Worry.
- Learn a mindfulness technique.
Groups are led by men with their own personal experience of looking after themselves as dads or male caregivers to babies and young children.
Upcoming Bexley Being Dad Group Dates
Thursday Evening Group (dads only)
Duration: 5 weeks
Time: 6.45pm – 8.30pm
Venue: Goals Bexleyheath, Graham Road, Bexleyheath, DA6 7EG (Map)
Dates: Thursdays, 16th, 23rd and 30th January, 6th and 13th February 2020.
Free sandwiches and hot drinks provided.
Book to Secure Your Place in a Group
Places in groups are limited, must be booked in advance and allocated on a first come, first served basis.
07704 536424 / 07764 967933